1. Structures are still being removed right now. New movement happening! Watch its destruction.
3. The debris netting used comes from acts of repair and rebuilding in 2012. Practically, the material is used when constructing and reconstructing to keep loose objects and fragments from falling and endangering those below while providing pseudo windows for the workers. btw speaking of debris…
the largest concentration of marine debris is 135°W to 155°W and 35°N to 42°N.
11. a hole = a depression.
10. (To peel something away/off) remove or separate a thin covering or part from the outside or surface of something.
9. And one can see through to the wall.
4. Things need our support. We build Walls for that. We reinforce them. We mount shelving. We maintain the crumbles. We repair. We dream of, and are terrified of the destruction. What means are we supporting? What structures are we helping to build? What do we want to see ourselves without?
12. be at peace. want not. have all. no good need. me happy. life ok. feel good. have happy thoughts. food good. sex good. me happy.
until May 26, 2012
Valerie Snobeck, “They Seem Removed,” installation views, Thomas Duncan Gallery, Los Angeles